Minimize response of analytic systems to shape effects with Thermo Scientific™ 4000 Series Monosized Particles, excellent for use with any application that requires a NIST™ traceable size standard with a very narrow standard deviation. Features:
- Particle spheres are used instead of irregularly shaped particles.
- Mean diameters have been calibrated with Thermo Fisher Scientific™'s NIST™ traceable microscopy methods.
- Size distribution and uniformity are measured by electrical resistance analysis or optical microscopy.
- 4000 Series particles from 1 to 160μm are made from polystyrene (PS)
- 4000 Series particles from 200 to 1000μm are made from polystyrene crosslinked with divinylbenzene (PSDVB).
Products from 1 to 160μm are packaged as aqueous suspensions in 15mL dropper-tipped bottles, at an optimum concentration for dispersion, handling and dilution. Diameters of 200μm and larger are packaged as dry spheres. Packages are lot-numbered for convenient technical service and support after the sale.
Thermo Fisher Scientific™ has its own engineering, production and metrology facilities for better quality control and response to customer needs. In addition to this line of polymer size standards, we also offer calibration standards in silica and glass materials. Ask our technical service department for information about specific applications or other product needs not listed here.
Certificate of Calibration and Traceability to NIST, which includes a description of the calibration method and its uncertainty; Table of chemical and physical properties; Material Safety Data Sheet