Conveniently check the sizes of bacteria, viruses, ribosomes and sub-cellular components with Thermo Scientific™ 3000 Series Nanosphere™ Size Standards, excellent for use with any application that requires a NIST™ traceable size standard with a very narrow standard deviation. The 20 to 900nm range of spheres is ideal for the calibration of electron and atomic force microscopes. Standards are also used in laser light scattering studies and colloidal systems research. Thermo Scientific™ 3000 Series Nanosphere Size Standards are highly uniform polystyrene spheres calibrated within billionths of a meter (nanometers) with NIST traceable methodology. One nanometer is 0.001 micrometer (μm) or 10 angstroms. Spheres have a density of 1.05 g/cm3 and an index of refraction of 1.59 at 589nm (25°C).
- Available as uniform polymer spheres in a range of discrete sizes from 20 to 900nm
- Diameters calibrated with linear dimensions transferred from NIST
- Spheres used instead of irregularly shaped particles to minimize response of analytical systems to shape effects
- Standards packaged as aqueous suspensions in 15mL dropper-tipped bottles
- Concentrations optimized for ease of dispersion and colloidal stability
- Packages lot-numbered for convenient technical service and support
Certificate of Calibration and Traceability to NIST, including description of the calibration method and its uncertainty, table of chemical and physical properties, and Material Safety Data Sheet with handling and disposal instructions.