Replace polystyrene spheres in many applications with Thermo Scientific™ 9000 Series Glass Particle Standards, dry glass NIST™-traceable size standards. Glass microspheres can be used in any application that requires a NIST™-traceable size standard with a narrow size distribution where sample conditions may not be suitable for polystyrene spheres. The glass microspheres provide a better tolerance to chemicals and solvents in addition to higher mechanical and thermal stability. The Glass Size Standards are highly uniform borosilicate or soda lime glass spheres calibrated with NIST-traceable methodology. Standards are ideal for the calibration of microscopes, light scattering instruments and other particle-measuring equipment. They are also used in laser light scattering studies and colloidal systems research.
- Mean diameters have been calibrated with Thermo Fisher Scientific™'s NIST™-traceable microscopy methods
- Size distribution and uniformity are measured by optical microscopy
- Spheres are used instead of irregularly shaped particles to minimize the response of analytical systems to shape effects
- Products are packaged as dry spheres
- Packages are lot-numbered for convenient technical service and support after the sale
- 9000 Series products from 2μm to 20μm are made from borosilicate glass, have a particle density of 2.5 to 2.55g/cm3 and an index of refraction of 1.56 at 589nm (25°C)
- Products from 30μm to 2000μm are made from soda lime glass, have a particle density of 2.4 to 2.5g/cm3 and an index of refraction of 1.51 at 589nm (25°C)
Certificate of Calibration and Traceability to NIST™, including description of the calibration method and its uncertainty, table of chemical and physical properties, and Material Safety Data Sheet with handling and disposal instructions.
Spacer applications where uniform bond thickness is a necessity.